Please use the following PayPal link to make a tax-deductible monetary
donation to Second Chance for Pets:
PayPal is quick, secure, and easy
Second Chance is always in need of the following supplies:
- Kennels (cages)
- Dog runs
- Dog houses
If you have items to donate, please call us at 217-935-3488 and
we will make arrangements to pick up the donation. Please make checks
payable to Second Chance for Pets.
Did you know there are many ways to help animals in need without spending a lot of money?
- Transport a pet to its new forever home
- Walk a dog
- Groom animals at the shelter
- Provide local vet clinics with contact information for educational materials on responsible pet ownership
- Donate the use of your scanner or digital camera to keep adoptable pets' pictures up-to-date
- Donate time to take good photos of foster dogs for Petfinder, adoption flyers, etc.
- Attend public education days and try to educate people on responsible pet ownership
- Clip coupons for dog food or treats
- Conduct a home visit or accompany a rescue person on the home visit
- Go with rescue person to the vet to help if there is more than one dog
- Talk to all of your friends and family about adopting and fostering rescue dogs
- Help organize and run fundraising events
- Go to the foster home once a week with your children and dogs to help socialize the dog
- Lend your artistic talents to your club's newsletter, fundraising ideas, and t-shirt designs
- Provide post-adoption follow up or support
Click here if you are interested in making a difference in the lives of homeless pets!